Being Kind; 6 Ways to Boost Others

Why is boosting others important?
If hatred breeds hatred then surely doesn’t the same apply to happiness? If anger and sadness can spread like a wild contagious disease that can tear people down people’s spirits and break up relationships then I believe that being kind and positive can do the opposite; it can build people’s spirit and nurture relationships just like sunlight and water can encourage a plant to grow.

If society focused more on building one another up with simple acts of kindness and understanding then wouldn’t the world be a better place to live in? If people turned away from their hedonistic lifestyle of ‘taking care of themselves’ and thought about those around them for a change then would things be better? If I had one wish it would be that people were kinder, that way people could focus on living rather than constantly competing to tear each other down for their own gratification.

It’s the little things that count.

Notice little things around you, it really does make a difference. Over the past ten years or so I have found people are actually noticing things less; that new hair colour, wearing a colour that really suits you or even achievements at work/home. Are people so busy and immersed in surviving that they do not see all the good things around them?

I always try to notice positive differences, whether its looking good or achieving something; I want people to feel like positive actions are noticed and that hopefully they pay the positive back to others. I have known really bad days to be improved by a simple ‘I like your lipstick’ or ‘you did a great job on that task’. Sometimes these compliments are the only positive that person will hear that day, so do not be shy, notice something and pay a compliment.

Random acts of kindness

A little bit of kindness, no matter how small makes the world a lot brighter. It can be to someone that you know or a complete stranger but whoever it is, it will make a difference to their day.  Don’t hesitate to offer help if you see someone struggling, they will appreciate it greatly. Imagine how you would feel if someone did a random act of kindness to you; that warm feeling that you get knowing that there are kind people out there that will help. Don’t do it because you hope to gain anything by it, just do it because it makes someone’s life that little bit nicer.

Take time for them

I hear myself saying ‘I haven’t got time for this’ sometimes and it got me thinking about how we spend our time. My son was pestering me to play outside with him and after a really bad day at work I was tempted to say the above but I didn’t, I took the time to go outside and play football, it made my sons day. Taking time to do something for someone else doesn’t cost anything but is worth it’s weight in gold. Take the time to do things for others, talk to them, listen to them, do something to help them out that just takes some of your time. They will definitely appreciate you for your efforts

Being nice never hurt anyone

When has being nice ever caused hurt or pain? Unless you are clumsy like me, in that case, be careful with cups of tea or anything dangerous. When has saying ‘your hair looks nice’ or ‘you are doing a great job’ ever make someone feel bad. Being nice not only costs you nothing but it also doesn’t have malice either; it is done with the nicest intentions. If your intentions are honourable and nice them all you will do is spread the love so to speak.

Show empathy

Believe it or not, some people struggle with showing empathy and that seems such a sad idea. One of favourite books ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ has a very famous quote that sums up empathy and its meaning; ‘you never really understand a person until you consider things from their point of view.. until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.’ Everyone is different and deals with things differently and showing empathy will help you understand why they feel the way they do and offer help and support. Showing that you empathise with them is a great kindness that you can pay them as it shows you have actually put yourself in their shoes.

Be positive yourself.

People can often be emotional sponges, they absorb the atmosphere around them;  if everything surrounding them is sad, chaotic or angry then they will either respond in the same way or just shutt themselves off. So with that being said, be as positive as you can be;; laugh and smile as much as you can because not only will it boost others but it will help yourself also. If you are as positive as you can about life and the situations that you face then you are capable of instilling success around you. Positivity in life is a major key to your own happiness and it can spread and help others. Let’s make positivity and kindness dominating traits surrounding us because we could certainly benefit from a nicer world and a more positive society.

Ciao for now, don’t forget to spread the love. xx

25 Comments Add yours

1. LisaTPink says:

Spread the love dearie xoxo. Love this.

1. lifewithmrst says:

I hope to think I spread a little kindness every day

2. Terry & Teresa says:

So true! It is easy to get so wrapped up in life that we don’t take time for the important things.

1. lifewithmrst says:

Life has become so rushed and chaotic and it’s often slowing down and doing these things help us the most

3. Kate says:

This is wonderful! I agree that happiness breeds happiness, and that it’s important to take time to show people we care. The other evening I was really exhausted and I didn’t feel good, and my dog wanted to go out and play. I didn’t want to leave the house, but I did, and it made her so happy. And seeing her happy made me feel a lot better, so it was good for both of us!

1. lifewithmrst says:

It’s often doing the thing we don’t want to do that gives us the most happiness

4. princeandthepear says:

This is so important.. It takes nothing from you to be nice to others. Definitely going to carry this positivity into the rest of my week!

1. lifewithmrst says:

And genuine kindness is something you can’t buy but it’s priceless. Thank you for carrying this into your week

5. SC says:

I love these tips! A little empathy and positivity go a long way for those around you.
    Cheers, Sarah Camille // SCsScoop.com

1. lifewithmrst says:

I feel like half the violence in the world would not happen if people showed empathy

Liked by 1 person

6. It is the little things that matter! You don’t need to make a big production of something, just general kindness (smiles/holding a door) goes a long way!

1. lifewithmrst says:

A smile is everything to me, I love making my friends smile

7. some great advice. I’m a big believer in pay it forward. Give a little and some day the same will happen to you.
    Hannah @ The Northern Writes | http://www.thenorthernwrites.co.uk

1. lifewithmrst says:

Yeah hopefully if you are kind throughout life, people will treat you the same way xx

8. Akshita says:

Akshita,

9. Couldn’t agree more! It is always so important to do this from time to time and the tips you shared in here are great as well 🙂 x
    Akshita,

1. lifewithmrst says:

Thank you, if everyone did this for just 30 minutes a day then the world would be s lot better

10. tracybabler says:

Agreed! So important to be kind. It’s the #1 thing I teach my kids!

1. lifewithmrst says:

I wish everyone would teach their kids this 😂😂

11. msmamabean says:

These are all so true, these are all great and free ways to show love! Random acts of kindness and giving time got to me, this is a great way to end the week and definitely something to remember for the next and beyond.

1. lifewithmrst says:

I’m glad you enjoyed it xx

12. chrissy says:

I love random acts of kindness. I try to do one every week. I love putting money in people’s parking meters.

1. lifewithmrst says:

That’s a really nice thing to do for people. I love doing silly things to cheer people up if they need it

Liked by 1 person

1. chrissy says:

That’s sweet. I like to cheer people up as well.